Can you do a word search on iPhone?
Here’s how to perform ‘Control-F’ on an iPhone, which lets you search for specific text on any mobile webpage. Pressing the “Control” (or “Command” on Macs) and “F” keys simultaneously on any computer lets you find any word you’re looking for on any webpage you’re browsing.
How do I search a document on my iPhone?
Search within a page on iPhone
- When you’re looking at a document, website or other compatible file or page, you can search for a specific word or term.
- Tap the share button.
- Slide over from right to left on the quick actions and tap on Find on Page as shown below.
- Enter your search to scan the page for that result.
Where is the smart search bar on iPhone?
Swipe to search
- Swipe down from the middle of the Home screen.
- Tap the Search field, then enter what you’re looking for. As you type, Search updates results in real time.
- To see more results, tap Show More or search directly in an app by tapping Search in App.
- Tap a search result to open it.
How do I find a word in a document on iPhone?
Use find and replace in a document
- On your iPhone or iPad, open a document in the Google Docs app.
- Tap More.
- Type the word you want to find.
- Tap Search.
- To see and scroll through every time the word is used, use the arrows at the top of the screen.
- To replace the word, tap Replace with.
How do you Ctrl F on an iPhone message?
How to search for specific messages on an iPhone using the search bar in Messages
- Launch the Messages app from your iPhone’s home screen.
- To access the search bar, swipe down.
- Type the phrase, word, or number you’re looking for in the search bar.
Is there a command F on iPhone?
While you can also use the Command + F keyboard shortcut on iOS if you’re utilizing a keyboard, there are other ways to access the search options in Safari under iOS 9.
Can you search in Google Docs?
To find and replace a word or phrase on an Android phone or tablet, go to google doc app and open a document. Click on three horizontal dots and then click Find and replace. Type the word you want to find in the field. Click on the search icon.
How do you search a page?
On an Android phone or tablet running a recent version of Google’s Chrome browser, tap the menu icon in the upper-right corner of the window; the menu looks like three dots stacked up. When the menu opens, select “Find in Page” option and type in your search words with the keyboard.
Does Google Docs work on iPhone?
You can create, view, and edit Google documents, as well as Microsoft Word® files, with the Google Docs app for iPhone and iPad.
Is Google Docs free on iPhone?
The Google Docs app is free to download and install on your iPhone. rtf, and odt file formats—all of which are compatible with Microsoft Word, Open Office, and other word processing applications.
How do you find duplicates in Google Docs?
- Click the document name of any duplicates to open each one in its own Google Docs window and compare the contents.
- Click the pencil icon next to any of the Preview pane information to add duplicates document to a Collection or edit the Description so you can locate them quickly in the future.
How do you Ctrl F on a phone?
How To Search For Text On A Webpage on iPhone (CTRL+F)
- Make sure you have Safari open (the default iPhone web browser).
- Tap the Search Field at the top of your screen (where the address bar is located).
- Type in the word you want to search for on the webpage.
- Then, under On This Page, tap Find “word or phrase you’re searching for”.
How do you highlight duplicates in Google Docs?
Google Sheets: How to highlight duplicates in a single column
- Open your spreadsheet in Google Sheets and select a column.
- For instance, select column A > Format > Conditional formatting.
- Under Format rules, open the drop-down list and select Custom formula is.
- Enter the Value for the custom formula, =countif(A1:A,A1)>1.
How do you find repeated words?
Word: Find duplicated words
- Press Ctrl+H to open the Find and Replace dialog box.
- Click More, then select the Use wildcards option.
- In the Find field, type: (<[A-Za-z]@)[ ,.;:]@\1> (Note: There’s a space in there, so I suggest you copy this Find string.)
- In the Replace field, type: \1.
- Click Find Next then click Replace. Repeat.
How do I do a Spotlight search on my iPhone?
Access Spotlight Search To access the Spotlight search interface, go to your iPhone or iPad’s home screen and swipe to the right. You’ll find the Spotlight search interface to the left of the primary home screen. You can also touch somewhere in the grid of apps on any homescreen and swipe your finger downwards.
How do you exclude a word in a search?
You can exclude words from your search by using the – operator; any word in your query preceded by the – sign is automatically excluded from the search results. Remember to always include a space before the – sign, and none after.
How do I search a Google Doc on my iPhone?
Search for your files in Docs, Sheets, or Slides
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides app.
- At the top, enter Search .
- Type a word or phrase in the search box.
- On your keyboard, tap Done.