How can we reduce food waste globally?
Pickling, drying, canning, fermenting, freezing and curing are all methods you can use to make food last longer, thus reducing waste. Not only will these methods shrink your carbon footprint, they will save you money as well. What’s more, most preservation techniques are simple and can be fun.
How we can reduce food waste?
20 Easy Ways to Reduce Your Food Waste
- Shop Smart. Share on Pinterest.
- Store Food Correctly. Improper storage leads to a massive amount of food waste.
- Learn to Preserve.
- Don’t Be a Perfectionist.
- Keep Your Fridge Clutter-Free.
- Save Leftovers.
- Eat the Skin.
- Eat the Yolk.
How can I reduce food waste at home?
In this article, learn about how to reduce food waste in the home, at school, and on the go.
- Avoid buying too much.
- Think twice before throwing food away.
- Always make a shopping list.
- Organizing the kitchen with FIFO.
- Store food correctly.
- Make a weekly menu.
- Keep a log of spoiled foods.
- Freeze extras.
How we can reduce waste?
Eight Ways to Reduce Waste
- Use a reusable bottle/cup for beverages on-the-go.
- Use reusable grocery bags, and not just for groceries.
- Purchase wisely and recycle.
- Compost it!
- Avoid single-use food and drink containers and utensils.
- Buy secondhand items and donate used goods.
- Shop local farmers markets and buy in bulk to reduce packaging.
What are 5 ways to reduce food waste?
5 Simple Ways to Reduce Food Waste
- Plan meals ahead. In the home, one of the best ways to reduce food waste is to plan meals ahead.
- Rotate time-sensitive foods in the fridge and cupboards.
- Freeze surplus garden vegetables.
- Process or dehydrate surplus or damaged fruit, produce and meats.
- Compost kitchen waste.