How do I change the default homepage in the registry?
Navigate to “HKEY_CURRENT_USER” using the folder tree on the left of the screen. Click on “Software,” “Microsoft,” “Internet Explorer” and then “Main.” A new pane will open on the right side of the screen. Right-click on “StartPage” on the right side of the screen. Select “Modify” from the pop-up window.
How do I change my Internet Explorer homepage in registry?
Tap on Windows-R to open a run box on the system. Type regedit and hit the enter key….This displays a menu with the following options:
- Use this webpage as your only home page.
- Add this webpage to your home page tabs.
- Use the current tab set as your home page.
What is default home page for Internet Explorer?
Internet Explorer 11 In the top corner of Internet Explorer, select Tools , and then select Internet options. On the General tab, under Home page, enter the URL of the site you want to set as a homepage. You can add more than one URL.
How do I get rid of default homepage in Internet Explorer?
Click the Tools button in the top-right corner of the browser, then select Internet options. The Internet Options dialog box will appear. Under homepage, delete the default link and type the URL for the desired homepage, then click OK. Your homepage will appear whenever you start Internet Explorer.
How do I set GPO as my homepage?
In the Group Policy Management Editor, go to User Configuration -> Policies -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Internet Explorer. Find the policy Disable changing home page settings. Right click on the policy setting and click Edit. Set it to Enabled, and specify the URL for your home page.
How do I change my homepage on Chrome?
Choose your homepage
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app .
- At the top right, tap More. Settings.
- Under “Advanced,” tap Homepage.
- Choose Chrome’s homepage or a custom page.
Why can’t I change my homepage Internet Explorer?
Select Start, Control Panel, Internet Options, General tab. Under Home Page click the Use new tab and Apply. Restart your computer and open Internet Explorer. Go to the internet page you wish to adopt as your Home Page.
How do I edit chrome registry?
Open a run box by pressing the Windows key + R: Type ‘regedit’ and press OK, Registry Editor will open. There is a setting in the registry that’s causing it. In the registry, it’s under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Google\Chrome\TriggeredReset.
How do I remove unwanted Homepage?
How to Get Rid of an Unwanted Homepage
- Launch Chrome.
- Click the “Set Pages” link next to the “Open a Specific Page or Set of Pages” which should already be selected.
- Click on the “X” on the tiles of each Web address you’d like to remove from your listing of home page tabs.
How do I set my Internet Homepage?
- In the menu bar on the top of your browser, click Tools.
- Select Internet Options.
- Click the General tab.
- Under “Home page,” enter: www.google.com .
- Click OK.
- Restart your browser.
How do I set my homepage in Chrome?
How do I make Google my homepage in edge?
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- At the top right, click More actions (…) > Settings.
- On the left, click Privacy and Services.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Address bar.
- In the “Search engine used in the address bar” drop-down, select Google.
Is there any way to change Internet Explorer home page with Reg key?
Get answers from your peers along with millions of IT pros who visit Spiceworks. Is there any way for changing internet explorer home page with reg key? Are you smarter than most IT pros?
How to launch RegEdit for all users registry?
– Launch Regedit. 1. Load Default Hive 2. Make your changes inside of: HKEY_USERS\\DefaultUser (via the GUI, PS, or CMD line) 3. Unload Hive to save your changes Was this post helpful? Thanks for your feedback!
How to set Microsoft Edge Startup Page registry?
This registry setting is used to set the url of the homepage. You should set it like below: Value Name: 1, 2, 3, Attachments: Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 3.0 MiB each and 30.0 MiB total. Hi YuZhou and thank you for the reply.
How to manage chrome policies with Windows Registry?
As an administrator, you can configure Chrome Browser settings on Microsoft ® Windows ® computers by modifying the Windows registry on each computer where you want a new setting. Users can make the changes themselves if they’re familiar with working in the registry. Otherwise, you should make the changes for them. When to use the registry