How do I check if a NTP port is open Linux?
The ntpstat command will report the synchronisation state of the NTP daemon running on the local machine….exit status of ntpstat command
- If exit status 0 – Clock is synchronised.
- exit status 1 – Clock is not synchronised.
- exit status 2 – If clock state is indeterminant, for example if ntpd is not contactable.
How do I fix liveness probe failure?
- Increase the Initial Delay of the Liveness Probe.
- Increase the Failure Threshold of the Readiness Probe.
- Increase the Timeout of the Liveness Probe.
- Increase the Timeout of the Readiness Probe.
What happens if liveness probe fails?
If the liveness probe fails, the kubelet kills the container, and the container is subjected to its restart policy. If a Container does not provide a liveness probe, the default state is Success .
How do you implement liveness probe?
At the time of this writing, Kubernetes supports three mechanisms for implementing liveness and readiness probes: 1) running a command inside a container, 2) making an HTTP request against a container, or 3) opening a TCP socket against a container.
What is secret and Configmap?
The big difference between Secrets and ConfigMaps are that Secrets are obfuscated with a Base64 encoding. There may be more differences in the future, but it is good practice to use Secrets for confidential data (like API keys) and ConfigMaps for non-confidential data (like port numbers).
How long does NTP take to sync?
about five minutes
Usually it takes about five minutes (five good samples) until a NTP server is accepted as synchronization source. Interestingly, this is also true for local reference clocks that have no delay at all by definition.
How do you force chrony to sync time?
Manual NTP Configuration
- Install the chrony package. # yum install chrony.
- Edit the /etc/chrony.
- Start the chronyd service and configure it to start following a system reboot.
- Verify that chronyd is accessing the correct time sources.
- Ensure that the time is synchronized on all nodes.