How do I create a multilevel numbered heading in Word 2007?
1Locate the Multilevel List button on the Ribbon.
- 2Click the Multilevel List button.
- 3Click Define New Multilevel List to create a list, but leave the Define New Multilevel List dialog box open.
How do I insert automatic numbering in Word 2007?
Turn on or off automatic bullets or numbering
- Go to File > Options > Proofing.
- Select AutoCorrect Options, and then select the AutoFormat As You Type tab.
- Select or clear Automatic bulleted lists or Automatic numbered lists.
- Select OK.
How do I keep sub Numbering in Word?
Continuing or Restarting Numbered lists
- Right click on top of the number 1 next to the word Brouhaha.
- Select Continue Numbering.
How do you do sub numbering?
Here is the correct process:
- Select the text that you want to number (this can be a section of text or the whole document).
- Select the Home tab. Click the multilevel numbering icon in the Paragraph group.
- Choose Define New Multilevel List to display the control dialog.
- In the top left is a list of levels.
What is heading style in Microsoft Word?
The ‘Headings’ styles in Microsoft Word are formatting options for making headings and subheadings stand out from the other text in your essay. This will help your reader, particularly in longer essays, by clearly indicating where different sections begin and end.
How do you fix the numbering in a Word document?
Follow these steps to correct this situation: Right-click the numbered list. Click Set Numbering Value. Click to select the Continue From Previous List button and then click OK.
What is a header number?
choose Print from the File menu