How do I get a certified copy of my Canadian passport?
Applying in person
- Complete the form Request for certified true copy of Canadian travel document [PPTC 516] (PDF, 52.47 KB).
- Get an appointment or go without an appointment.
- Bring your completed form and the passport to be certified.
- Pay the fee using one of the accepted methods(opens in a new tab) at your appointment.
How do I certify a copy of my passport?
Have a notary public or attorney certify your copy. Typically, you will need to get a notary public or attorney to certify the copy of your passport. You can find a notary public at a courthouse as well as at many banks. Notary publics charge a nominal fee for their services. An attorney may charge higher fees.
Who can certify a passport in Canada?
Who can notarize or certify my Citizenship document?
- Notary public.
- Lawyer, Attorney-at-Law.
- Commissioner of Oaths.
- Designated official at a Canadian Embassy or Consulate or a designated official at an American or British Embassy or Consulate or High Commission.
- Medical doctor or dentist currently licensed in Canada.
Who can certify copies of documents in Canada?
Who can certify a true photocopy of original documents in Canada?
- – accountants.
- – chiefs of First Nations band.
- – commissioner for oaths.
- – an employee of a Service Canada Centre acting in an.
- official capacity.
- – funeral director.
- – justice of the peace.
- – lawyer, magistrate, notary.
How do I get a certified copy of my Canadian birth certificate?
To make a Certified True Copy of your document, you will need to bring the original and a photocopy to a Canadian Notary Public. The notary will compare the copy to the original and will certify the copy by placing their signature and seal directly on the copy.
What is the difference between certified copy and notarized copy?
A certified copy is a copy (often a photocopy) of a primary document that has on it an endorsement or certificate that it is a true copy of the primary document. A notarized copy is signed by a notary public (not to be confused with a notary in a civil law country).
Can I get a copy of my passport online?
Answer: It is not possible to obtain a copy of a passport online. Since you plan to travel next week, you need to contact the National Passport Information Center by calling their toll-free number at 1-877-487-2778 and schedule an appointment at the Houston Passport Agency.
Who can certify a true copy in Quebec?
The Collège des médecins du Québec accepts certification from the following certifying officials:
- Member of a professional order (eg. notary, pharmacist, physician…);
- Commissioner for oaths (wherever one is available, verify your local listings);
- Representative of any embassy or consulate;
- Judge or justice of the peace.