How do I lock a row in Excel VBA?
Select a cell or a range of cells, and press Ctrl + 1 to open this menu and go to the Protection tab. Use the corresponding checkboxes to activate properties. The second method is doing this via VBA code. Every cell and range can be made Locked and FormulaHidden properties.
How do I lock certain rows in Excel?
To lock one row only, choose the View tab, and then click Freeze Top Row. To lock one column only, choose the View tab, and then click Freeze First Column. To lock more than one row or column, or to lock both rows and columns at the same time, choose the View tab, and then click Freeze Panes.
How do I lock a row in Excel after data entry?
Automatically Lock Cells After Data Entry
- To do this select all cells (click in an empty cell and use the shortcut CTRL A to achieve this)
- Open the Format Cells dialog (CTRL 1 will achieve this). On the Protection tab untick the Locked property. Click OK.
How do I protect only certain cells in Excel VBA?
Press the Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl + A to select all the cells of the sheet. Right click and choose Format cells. Go to the Protection tab and uncheck Locked option and click Ok. Now select only the cells or columns, rows that you want to protect.
How do I lock a worksheet in Excel VBA?
How to Protect Sheet using VBA Code?
- Step 1: Select Sheet which needs to be protected.
- Step 2: Define Worksheet Variable.
- Step 3: Give Worksheet Reference.
- Step 4: Select Protect Method.
- Step 5: Enter Password.
- Step 6: Run the Code.
How do I lock a spreadsheet except for certain cells?
Protect a Worksheet Except for Individual Cells
- Click the box to the left of column A (in between column A and row 1).
- Right click the same box – select “Format Cells” then click the “Protection” tab.
- Make sure the “Locked” check box is checked.
- Click “OK” These first few steps just made sure that all cells are locked.
How can I lock my Excel database?
Click on the Home tab. Click Format on the ribbon to open the dropdown list. Click Protect Sheet at the bottom of the list to open the protect sheet dialog box. Check or uncheck the desired options.
How do I unlock data entry cell?
Unlocking cells for data entry
- Select the range or ranges to be unlocked.
- Choose Format → Cells or press Ctrl+1 to open the Format Cells dialog box.
- Select the Protection tab and then clear the Locked check box.
- Click OK to close the Format Cells dialog box.
How do I lock a worksheet in VBA?
Worksheet Protection allows you to lock certain aspects of the sheet from editing.
- This menu is found in Home > Format > Protect sheet or by right-clicking on the Sheet tab name:
- Most commonly this is used to protect “Locked” cells from editing, only allowing the end-user to edit certain cells.
How do you unlock certain cells in Excel?
Here’s how to lock or unlock cells in Microsoft Excel 2016 and 2013.
- Select the cells you wish to modify.
- Choose the “Home” tab.
- In the “Cells” area, select “Format” > “Format Cells“.
- Select the “Protection” tab.
- Uncheck the box for “Locked” to unlock the cells. Check the box to lock them. Select “OK“.
How do I unprotect a VBA password?
Another way to remove VBA project password is; Open xls file with a hex editor….6 Answers
- Search for DPB.
- Replace DPB to DPx.
- Save file.
- Open file in Excel.
- Click “Yes” if you get any message box.
- Set new password from VBA Project Properties.
- Close and open again file, then type your new password to unprotect.
How do you lock a cell in Excel?
You can first choose which cells you don’t want to be protected (to be user-editable) by setting the Locked status of them to False: Then, you can protect the sheet, and all the other cells will be protected.
How to delete row 1 in protected spreadsheet?
The rows containing the cells to be deleted must be unlocked when the sheet is protected. This example unlocks row 1, and then allows the user to delete row 1 on the protected worksheet. Sub ProtectionOptions () ActiveSheet.Unprotect ‘Unlock row 1.
How to use VBA stack overflow in Excel?
Enter the following Event macro in the worksheet code area: Because it is worksheet code, it is very easy to install and automatic to use: If you have any concerns, first try it on a trial worksheet. If you save the workbook, the macro will be saved with it.
Can a VBA code be used to modify a cell?
Then, you can protect the sheet, and all the other cells will be protected. The code to do this, and still allow your VBA code to modify the cells is: You should, however, be concerned about including the password in your VBA code.