How do you inspect a shared document?
In the copy of your original document, click the File tab, and then click Info. Click Check for Issues, and then click Inspect Document. In the Document Inspector dialog box, select the check boxes to choose the types of hidden content that you want to be inspected. Click Inspect.
How do I change the track changes color in Word 2016?
Change the track changes color
- Go to Review > Tracking Dialog Launcher .
- Select Advanced Options.
- Select the arrows next to the Color boxes and the Comments box, and choose By author. You can also color-code text moves and changes made to table cells.
How do I get rid of the time and date in track changes?
Removing the Time Stamp from Tracked Changes
- Click the Office button.
- At the left side of the screen choose Prepare | Inspect Document. Word displays the Document Inspector dialog box.
- Select any (or all) available check boxes.
- Click Inspect.
- Use the controls in the dialog box to actually get rid of any identifying information.
- Click the Close button when done.
How do I show track changes and markups in Word?
Turn on Track Changes to show edits made in a document, and use Show Markup to show the types of revisions you’d like to display. Select Review > Track Changes to turn it on. Make edits in your document and Word captures any edits you make. Select Review > Track Changes to turn it off.
How do I see all changes in a Word document?
How do I view changes made to my Word document?
- Go to the Review tab in your Microsoft Word window.
- Click on the Show Markup box. You may select either Original (your original text) or Final (corrected text).
- Make sure that all the options have a checkmark next to them. If not, enable them by clicking the check boxes.
How do I remove track changes in Word 2016?
The only way to remove tracked changes in a document is to accept or reject them.
- Accept/Delete a single tracked change: Open your document. On the Review tab, in the Changes group, choose Next or Previous.
- Accept/Delete all tracked changes: Open your document.
How do I open Safari inspect?
Method #1 – Inspecting Elements on Mac-Safari
- The primary step is to enable the Developer menu. To do so, open the Safari browser, click on Safari -> Preferences.
- Click on Advanced. Check the Show Develop menu in menu bar checkbox.
- The Inspect Element feature is now enabled.
What is the synonym of inspect?
Some common synonyms of inspect are examine, scan, and scrutinize.
How does track changes work in Word 2016?
Enable and Use Track Changes in Word 2016
- When Track Changes is enabled, you will see a balloon for each author at the right-hand side of the screen.
- When edits are made to the document, a vertical line appears next to the paragraph to indicate the changes that have been made to the document.
How do I get rid of lines in Word after track changes?
Turning Off Track Changes Change Bars
- Display the Review tab of the ribbon.
- Click the icon at the bottom-right of the Tracking group. Word displays the Track Changes Options dialog box.
- Click on the Advanced Options button.
- In the Markup section use the Changed Lines drop-down list to choose (None).
- Click on OK to close the dialog box.
How do I stop Word from opening track changes?
Tracked Changes Won’t Go Away
- Display the Word Options dialog box.
- Click the Trust Center option at the left of the dialog box.
- Click the Trust Center Settings button.
- Click Privacy Options at the left of the dialog box.
- Clear the Make Hidden Markup Visible when Opening or Saving check box.
- Click OK.
How do you track changes on a Word document?
Open the document that you want to edit. On the Review tab, under Tracking, select the Track Changes switch to turn on track changes.
How do I stop Word from showing markups?
Click the “Show Markup” menu on the Tracking section of the ribbon, then uncheck any boxes to hide those markups from the Word document.
Can you retroactively track changes in Word?
Open up Microsoft Word and click on the Review tab on the Ribbon. Locate a section of the Ribbon labeled Compare and click on the Compare button. Click the OK button and Microsoft Word will immediately open a new file that shows the tracked changes between the original and revised documents.
Can multiple users edit a Word document at the same time?
With Office 2016, Microsoft introduced a new, highly useful collaboration feature in Word: Co-editing (or co-authoring), which allows multiple people to work on a document at the same time. People you share the document with can view or edit the file using either the free Word Online app or Word 2016.
What track changes do?
What is ‘track changes’? The Track Changes function in Word allows you to keep a record of amendments made to a document. You can then choose to accept or reject the amendments. It is a useful tool for managing changes made by several reviewers to the same document.
How do you inspect a Word document for problems?
How to Inspect a Document in Word
- Click the File tab.
- Click Check for Issues.
- Select Inspect Document.
- Select which hidden data you want to check for, then click Inspect.
- Click the Remove All button next to a category’s results to remove those elements.
- Click Close when you’re done.
How do you inspect on edge?
Select Ctrl + Shift + I . Open the contextual menu (right-click) > Inspect.