How long does it take to set up Internet with AT?
about four hours
The installation takes about four hours to complete. The time varies, depending on ease of access, and so on. When the technician arrives, he or she will review the order with you to confirm which products you want.
How do I connect my router to my AT modem?
Connect your Device (Basic Setup)
- Connect the Ethernet cable from the internet port on your router to a yellow Ethernet port on the AT gateway.
- Make sure your router is not on the same subnet as the AT gateway. This can lead to IP address conflicts. By default, the AT gateway is set to 192.168. x.
How can I connect modem without phone jack?
How Do I Get Internet Service Without Any Phone Jacks?
- Sign up for Internet service with your cable company.
- Purchase a cable modem or use the one your cable company provides.
- Locate the coaxial outport on the back of your cable box.
- Coaxial Cable.
- The Ethernet wire and port.
- Power everything on.
Do I have to use AT modem?
AT requires you to use their gateway for their fiber service. You can disable the router portion (pass through mode) and connect a much better router to it. There is also a way to use your own modem but AT will still charge you the monthly fee regardless of what you do once you signup for the service.
How do I connect my AT Netgear wireless router to my modem?
How to Set up Netgear Nighthawk Router with AT Internet
- Step 1: Log in to your AT Gateway.
- Step 2: Connect Your Netgear Nighthawk to the AT Gateway Using an Ethernet Cable.
- Step 3: Enable DMZplus or IP Passthrough on the AT Gateway.
- Step 4: Disable WiFi on the AT Gateway.
- Step 5: Restart All Devices.
Can you connect internet without phone jack?
You don’t need a phone line in order to get Internet service. In fact, most cable companies offer Internet service by hooking up the coaxial cable line to a special cable modem. The cable modem is able to transform the cable signal into an Ethernet signal, which can be attached to a port on your computer.
How do I connect my home phone to my modem?
Assuming that you have a DSL or any other high-speed internet, you can connect your landline in simple steps.
- Power off the router.
- Connect the Ethernet wire.
- Connect your router to PC.
- Connect the phone to your router.
- Turn On the modem and PC.
- Power on the router.
- Test your landline.
- Power off your device.