Is University of Hawaii good for Marine Biology?
Marine biological studies at the University of Hawaiʻi have a long history of excellent research and graduate training in highly competitive programs like Botany, Microbiology, Oceanography, and Zoology. The Marine Biology Graduate Program provides graduate students access to experts in all of these disciplines.
Is the Hawaii Institute of Marine Biology a college?
The Hawai’i Institute of Marine Biology is a world-renowned marine research institute of the School of Ocean & Earth Science & Technology at the University of Hawai’i at Manoa.
Where is the Hawaii Institute of Marine Biology?
The Hawaiʻi Institute of Marine Biology (HIMB) is a marine biology laboratory located on the state-owned Coconut Island in Kāneʻohe Bay.
What jobs make the most money in Hawaii?
Here’s a quick look at the top ten highest paying jobs in Hawaii:
- Surgeons, Except Ophthalmologists.
- General Internal Medicine Physicians.
- Chief Executives.
- Pediatricians, General.
- Dentists, General.
- Architectural and Engineering Managers.
- Health Specialties Teachers, Postsecondary.
Where do marine biologists make the most money?
Highest paying cities in United States for Marine Biologists
- Honolulu, HI. 12 salaries reported. $90,409. per year.
- Anchorage, AK. 6 salaries reported. $88,823. per year.
- San Diego, CA. 7 salaries reported. $78,504. per year.
- Jefferson, LA. 5 salaries reported. $54,193. per year.
- Chicago, IL. 5 salaries reported. $26,660. per year.
Is marine biology a high demand job?
Job outlook* for marine biology careers Similar to jobs in the animal-loving career path, the job market for research-oriented marine biology careers is very competitive. The number of these jobs available is growing at a rate of 5-9 percent through 2026, which is considered “average” growth.