What is another word for debacle?
SYNONYMS FOR debacle 2 disaster, ruin, fiasco, catastrophe, calamity.
What’s the meaning of debacle?
a great disaster
What is the point of contention?
: the thing that people are arguing over The main point of contention is who owns the timber rights to the land.
What is the example of debacle?
The definition of a debacle is a sudden downfall or a total failure. An example of a debacle is a poorly run political campaign that ends in overwhelming defeat. A sudden, disastrous collapse, downfall, or defeat; a rout. The breaking up of ice in a river.
How do you use defunct in a sentence?
Defunct in a Sentence 🔉
- Though the car was defunct, he knew that with the right parts and some hard work he could restore it.
- After being hit by a hurricane, the entire neighborhood was defunct.
- A fire swept through the city, leaving many houses abandoned and defunct.
What part of speech is defunct?
|part of speech:||adjective|
|related words:||dead, extinct, late|
|Word CombinationsSubscriber feature About this feature|
What does defunct mean in business?
Defunct, in a business context, refers to the condition of a company, whether publicly traded or private, that has gone bankrupt and has ceased to exist. Typically, “defunct” refers to something that is no longer existing, functioning, or in use.
What is the meaning of ignominious?
1 : humiliating, degrading an ignominious defeat. 2 : deserving of shame or infamy : despicable. 3 : marked with or characterized by disgrace or shame : dishonorable.
What does it mean to be in contention?
1. countable noun. Someone’s contention is the idea or opinion that they are expressing in an argument or discussion. It is my contention that death and murder always lurk as potentials in violent relationships. Synonyms: assertion, claim, stand, idea More Synonyms of contention.
How do you write a good contention for an essay?
Points to remember:
- ensure your topic sentence clearly indicates what you will discuss in your paragraph.
- check to make sure your topic sentence is an idea that stems from your contention.
- avoid character based topic sentences and focus on the themes these characters are utilised to explore.
What is the mean of contentious?
1 : likely to cause disagreement or argument a contentious issue. 2 : exhibiting an often perverse and wearisome tendency to quarrels and disputes a man of a most contentious nature.
What is the meaning of neophyte?
a new convert
What is the contention in English?
1 : a point advanced or maintained in a debate or argument It is his contention that allowing a casino to be built would not be in the best interests of the city. 2 : an act or instance of contending He has taken himself out of contention for the directorship.
What is defunct company?
A defunct company is a company who has no asset and no liability and failed to commence business within one year of incorporation. The Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) introduced strike-off mode to allow the defunct companies to get their names removed from the Register of Companies (ROC).
What is the example sentence of defunct?
no longer in force or use; inactive 2. having ceased to exist or live. 1. The long-playing record was made defunct by the arrival of the CD.