What is another word for very quiet?
What is another word for quiet?
What are 5 synonyms for quiet?
Synonyms of ‘quiet’
- silent, hushed, inaudible, low, noiseless, peaceful, soft, soundless.
- calm, mild, peaceful, placid, restful, serene, smooth, tranquil.
- undisturbed, isolated, private, secluded, sequestered, unfrequented.
- reserved, gentle, meek, mild, retiring, sedate, shy.
What word is a synonym for quiet?
reticent, soft, silent, peaceful, muted, secluded, serene, shy, smooth, private, gentle, mild, placid, sedate, stable, tranquil, subdued, sober, modest, unassuming.
What is the synonym of quite quite?
completely, fully, entirely, totally, wholly, absolutely, utterly, outright, thoroughly, altogether, in every respect, in all respects, without reservation, without exception.
What are two synonyms for quiet?
synonyms for quiet
Which phrase means be quiet?
keep your voice down phrase. used for telling someone to be quiet.
How do you say shut up in a fancy way?
Synonyms of ‘shut up’
- button it (slang)
- pipe down (slang) Just pipe down and I’ll tell you what I want.
- put a sock in it (British, slang)
- keep your trap shut (slang)
- cut the cackle (informal)
- button your lip (slang)
Why Being quiet is powerful?
Silence can be a very powerful way to “be” with another person, especially when they are troubled. It can communicate acceptance of the other person as they are as of a given moment, and particularly when they have strong feelings like sorrow, fear or anger.
What is meaning of quietly?
• QUIETLY (adverb) The adverb QUIETLY has 4 senses: 1. with low volume. 2. with little or no sound. 3. with little or no activity or no agitation (‘quiet’ is a nonstandard variant for ‘quietly’) 4. in a restful manner. Familiarity information: QUIETLY used as an adverb is uncommon.
What is another word for quietly?
quietly, quiet(adverb) with little or no activity or no agitation (`quiet’ is a nonstandard variant for `quietly’) “her hands rested quietly in her lap”; “the rock star was quietly led out the back door”; “sit here as quiet as you can”. Synonyms: quiet, restfully, softly.
What words are related to quiet?
quiet(adj) characterized by an absence or near absence of agitation or activity. “a quiet life”; “a quiet throng of onlookers”; “quiet peace-loving people”; “the factions remained quiet for almost 10 years”. Synonyms: placid, hushed, restrained, still, muted, smooth, unruffled, tranquil, subdued.
What do words mean quiet?
1 free from disturbing noise or uproar. left the din of the rock concert and went to a quiet restaurant where we could hear one another talk. Synonyms for quiet. arcadian, calm, hushed, peaceful, placid, restful,