What is Cisco Catalyst used for?
Our Catalyst 9000 is the first purpose-built platform designed for full fabric control with Cisco Digital Network Architecture (Cisco DNA™) and Software-Defined Access (SD-Access). This means simplified design, provisioning, maintenance, and security across the access network to the core.
What is Cisco Catalyst 9k?
With Catalyst 9000 you can simplify, secure, and transform your network to include a cloud or hybrid cloud environment. Provisioning, automation, and monitoring can be done with off the shelf applications or can be locally hosted on the switch in a container-based hosting environment.
How do I clean my Cisco switch?
Clear the configuration of your switch
- Log on to your switch, and enter the privileged EXEC mode by entering enable and then entering the enable password command.
- Enter write erase, which erases the NVRAM file system and removes all files.
- At the prompt, confirm that you want to erase all files.
Is Cisco Catalyst a router?
Many Catalyst switches that run IOS or IOS XE are also capable of functioning as a router, making them layer 3 devices; when coupled with TCP and UDP filtering, these switches are capable of layer 2-4 operation.
What is a 9K switch?
The Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switch is a highly programmable and high density Ethernet switch that offers improved performance and greater cost efficiency. Operating in NX-OS or ACI modes, the Cisco 9K switches are ideal for traditional or fully automated data center deployments.
What do I do with old Cisco switches?
How to Get Rid of Your Old Cisco Equipment
- Wipe Data From Your Cisco Equipment. Hard drives and PCs aren’t the only products you need to worry about erasing data during disposal.
- Pay a Company to Dispose of Your Equipment.
- Use Cisco’s Recycling Program.
- Sell to Network Equipment Dealers.
- Used Cisco Equipment – The Takeaway.