What is literature review in pharmacy?
A literature review is an essential part of the research process. It helps you to understand who else has worked on your topic, methods that have been used to investigate this topic, and results/outcomes from similar studies.
How do I write a pharmacy review article?
- Contents and format.
- Preparation of the review article.
- The research question.
- Finding Studies.
- Evaluation of the Quality of the Study.
- Formulating a Synthesis.
Where can I find a good literature review?
Scopus and Web of Science are good databases to start with for any research topic and literature review. Scopus is a large multidisciplinary database covering published material in the humanities and sciences. It also provides citation analysis of authors and subject areas.
How do you conduct a literature review?
Literature Review: Conducting & Writing
- Choose a topic. Define your research question.
- Decide on the scope of your review.
- Select the databases you will use to conduct your searches.
- Conduct your searches and find the literature. Keep track of your searches!
- Review the literature.
How do you present a medical literature review?
- Rule 1: Define a Topic and Audience.
- Rule 2: Search and Re-search the Literature.
- Rule 3: Take Notes While Reading.
- Rule 4: Choose the Type of Review You Wish to Write.
- Rule 5: Keep the Review Focused, but Make It of Broad Interest.
- Rule 6: Be Critical and Consistent.
- Rule 7: Find a Logical Structure.
What do you mean by sample literature review?
A literature review is a survey of scholarly sources that provides an overview of statement or the study’s goals or purpose. *This sample paper was adapted by the Writing Center from Key, K.L., Rich, C., DeCristofaro, C., Collins, S. (2010).
Can a literature review be an end in itself?
A literature can be an end in itself (an analysis of what is known about a topic) or a prologue to and rationale for engaging in primary research. The following are guidelines on how to write a literature review:
When is the best time to do a literature review?
The literature review usually comes near the beginning of your thesis or dissertation. After the introduction, it grounds your research in a scholarly field and leads directly to your theoretical framework or methodology. Is this article helpful?
How to organize your writing for a literature review?
Organize the literature review around key topics of concepts. Use headings or topic sentences to convey your organizational principle. Tell a story about the research. This will assist you with your organization.