What is the procedure of portability?
SMS the word ‘PORT’ (which shall be case-insensitive, i.e., it can be ‘port’ or ‘Port’ etc.) followed by a space and the ten-digit mobile number which is to be ported, to 1900. The UPC will be received through SMS on the mobile of the Subscriber.
What is network portability and how can it be done?
Send the following text message – PORT followed by your 10-digit mobile number to TRAI’s central number for mobile number portability – 1900. Example: Send ‘PORT 98xxxxxx98’ to 1900. You’ll receive an SMS back with a port out code which will remain valid for only 15 days.
How do I port my number online?
Step 1:In order to port number online on 10digi, message “PORT” <10 digit mobile number> to 1900.
- Step 2: Log on to 10digi.com.
- Step 3: Choose port number option and then select an operator you wish to port to.
- Step 4: Select the plan for your new sim connection.
Can portability be done online?
Mobile Number Portability (MNP) allows you to port any telecom operator number to Airtel without the hassle of changing existing sim number. Other network postpaid users can also port number to Airtel prepaid online without any hassle.
How can I know my portability status?
How to Check MNP Status Online
- Open MY Port Status for Zone – 1.
- Or open Know Your Porting Status for Zone – 2.
- Enter your mobile number.
- Type UPC (Unique Porting Request) code.
- Click on I’m not a robot for verification.
- Tap on the MNP Status button.
What documents are required for number portability?
Documents required for MNP
- Duly filled CAF form (Customer Agreement Form) with UPC code details.
- Copy of your Address proof.
- Copy of your Identity proof (Driving License / PAN Card / Passport etc.)
- Copy of last paid bill of your current service provider (in case you’re a post-paid customer)
How many times mobile portability can be done?
You are allowed to move to another mobile service provider only after 90 days of the date of activation of your mobile connection or from the date of last porting of your mobile number, which ever is applicable. You are allowed to change mobile service provider within the same service area only.
How can I check SIM portability status?
How much does it cost to port Airtel to Jio?
You will pay Rs 6.46 as the porting fees, every time you wish to port your mobile number to another network. But you must remember that if you are using a postpaid mobile connection, you will need to clear the bill, in other words the outstanding dues, before this process can be completed.
How does mobile number portability work?
The customer simply has to send a text message (SMS) that says PORT from their phone to 1900. The existing provider will send the customer a unique porting code, which the customer will share with their new carrier. The new carrier uses the porting code to check and make sure the customer’s old account is paid in full.