Which language should I learn?
1. Mandarin Chinese. With over one billion Mandarin Chinese speakers in the world, of course it tops the list of most important languages to learn in 2020. Most speakers are located within China, however, so is it still one of the most important languages to learn?
What are some advantages of being bilingual?
Here are 10 benefits of being bilingual:
- Increase brain power.
- It can give children an academic advantage.
- Increase awareness of other cultures.
- Make travel easier and more enjoyable.
- Improve competitiveness in the job market.
- Find it easier to learn a third language.
- You can better raise your kids bilingual.
Is bilingualism good or bad?
To put it bluntly, bilingualism is often seen as “good” when it’s rich English speakers adding a language as a hobby or another international language, but “bad when it involves poor, minority, or indigenous groups adding English to their first language, even when the same two languages are involved.
Does language influence personality?
Your personality can change depending on the language you speak. Our impressions of a given culture can influence the way we act when we speak a foreign language. But it’s more than just a feeling: Research suggests our personalities really can shift depending on the language we speak.
How does bilingualism affect learning?
Studies have also shown that bilingual children achieve higher scores than monolinguals on a number of tests of cognitive ability, including mental flexibility,13 non-verbal problem-solving tasks,14 understanding the conventional origin of names,15,16 distinguishing between semantic similarity and phonetic similarity17 …
How does bilingualism affect personality?
Being bilingual really can put you in two minds: Researchers say people can have different personalities in each language. Speaking two languages really could give you a split personality, researchers have found. They say that many speakers have entirely different personalities in each of the languages they speak.