Is executive assistant a stressful job?
Being an assistant, particularly at a high level, is stressful. That’s accepted and can be part of the attraction to the role. Too much stress, though, can be extremely bad for your productivity, effectiveness – and, of course, your health.
What is the most important function of an executive assistant?
Executive assistants provide high-level administrative support, including preparing reports, handling correspondence and scheduling meetings. As of May 2016, the United States had approximately 631,610 executive secretaries and assistants. The most effective share skills in communication, organization and technology.
What are the top 3 skills of an executive assistant?
- Top Skills for Dedicated Executive Assistants.
- Knowing All the Best-Kept Secrets.
- Calm Under Pressure.
- Dogged Resourcefulness.
- Tech Prowess.
- Big Picture Thinking.
- Impeccable Organization.
- Ruthless Prioritization.
How do you interview for an executive assistant position?
Interview Questions for Executive Assistants
- Describe a time when you multitasked successfully. Which tasks take priority?
- How do you handle a demanding supervisor? What about visitors or callers?
- Describe your computer experience.
- How do you begin setting up a meeting?
- Describe how you make travel arrangements.
What is your greatest strength as an executive assistant?
High-performing Assistants are smart, confident, excellent communicators and strategic thinkers. They are problem solvers, happy to take the initiative and can proactively support the objectives and goals of their Executive’s and their organisations.
Why do you like being an assistant?
The flexibility to plan my own workload, as long as the job gets done. I like to work closely with my charges and build up a relationship with them to support them in their role more efficiently. I am very aware that who we assist can make or break our jobs! Being the fountain of all knowledge and being able to help.
What are the qualities of an executive assistant?
Continue reading to learn about the characteristics of a top executive assistant:
- They anticipate needs: An exceptional assistant is able to address their executive’s needs, even before they are aware of them.
- They’re resourceful + adaptable: A great EA practices sound judgement.
Why are you interested in being an executive assistant?
Anyone who loves working with or helping people will find great satisfaction in an Executive Assistant role. These service-oriented roles provide plenty of opportunities to make a difference. An Executive Assistant might lead plans for an employee perk initiative that increases job satisfaction.
What is your weakness executive assistant?
“ I feel my main weakness is that I sometimes take on too much work, simply because I don’t want to say no. By taking on too much work, it can potentially have a detrimental impact on my other tasks, so I am learning to complete tasks thoroughly first, before agreeing to take on additional tasks.
Where do you see yourself in 5 years executive assistant?
Tips for responding to “Where do you see yourself in five years?”
- Tie your long-term goals to your position in the company.
- Demonstrate your enthusiasm for the company and position.
- Keep your response general, rather than naming a specific role or tasks you want to perform.
- Emphasize your commitment to the company.