Indentation and extra spaces are not significant in small scripts. For code in development, readability should be preferred.
- compress the code by removing whitespace (which turns it into a one-liner)
- compress by renaming variables and functions into shorter ones.
- compress syntax by using alternative syntax (like if s to ternaries, for to while )
- remove dead/unreachable code.
To do this, go to File->Preferences->Settings: Under Text Editor, select Format On Save. Now when saving a file, it will be beautified.
Is indentation mandatory in HTML?
No. HTML code does not need to be indented, and all browsers and search engines ignore indentation and extra spacing. However, for any human reader it’s a good idea to indent your text because it makes the code easier to scan and read.
Does indentation matter python?
Indentation is a very important concept of Python because without proper indenting the Python code, you will end up seeing IndentationError and the code will not get compiled.
- Select menu Plugins>Plugin Manager>Show Plugin Manager.
- Check to JSTool checkbox > Install > Restart Notepad++
- Open js file > Plugins > JSTool > JSFormat.
Does indentation matter HTML?
HTML code does not need to be indented, and all browsers and search engines ignore indentation and extra spacing. However, for any human reader it’s a good idea to indent your text because it makes the code easier to scan and read. If you are using an HTML editor, all editors allow you to clean up or format your HTML.
How do I read a Minified js file?
- Open any web site.
- Open developer tools in chrome by pressing F12 /Ctrl + Shift + I/ right-click anywhere inside the web page and select Inspect/Inspect Element which will be mostly the last option.
- Go to Sources tab in developer tools and open any minified JS which you want to debug as shown in the image.
Do you need indentation?
Many people believe that every single paragraph in a piece of text should be indented. This is actually unnecessary. You should use indentation to indicate a new paragraph. Given the fact that it is pretty obvious that the first paragraph is a new paragraph, there is absolutely no need to indent it at all.
This not only uses that many spaces for each of the indentations but also replaces all of the tab characters at the beginning of a line with that many spaces if any previously existed: Have fun indenting!
What does the textindent property do in HTML?
Definition and Usage. The textIndent property sets or returns the indentation of the first line of text. Note: Negative values are allowed. The first line will be indented to the left if the value is negative.
When to indent the trailing part of a line?
Indent the trailing second part of the line such that it aligns with the first letter of the first word following the opening “=” above if one exists (for variable assignments), otherwise aligned with the character following the opening ” (” on the previous line. Here are some examples of bad reindentation of long lines: