What are the steps to take while in quarantine during the COVID-19 pandemic?
• Stay home for 14 days after your last contact with a person who has COVID-19.• Watch for fever (100.4◦F), cough, shortness of breath, or other symptoms of COVID-19• If possible, stay away from others, especially people who are at higher risk for getting very sick from COVID-19
What does symptomatic transmission of the coronavirus disease mean?
By way of definition, a symptomatic COVID-19 case is a case who has developed signs and symptoms compatible with COVID-19 virus infection. Symptomatic transmission refers to transmission from a person while they are experiencing symptoms. Data from published epidemiology and virologic studies provide evidence that COVID-19 is primarily transmitted from symptomatic people to others who are in close contact through respiratory droplets, by direct contact with infected persons, or by contact with contaminated objects and surfaces.
How can I protect myself and others during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Wear a well-fitted mask.
- Stay at least 6 feet from people you do not live with.
- Avoid medium- and large-sized in-person gatherings.
- Get tested if experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- Follow guidance issued by individual employers.
- Follow CDC and health department travel requirements and recommendations.
How to spend holidays during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Do What’s Best for Your Household
- Doing what’s best for you includes eating healthy foods and getting enough sleep.
- Take care of your body and stay active to lessen fatigue, anxiety, and sadness.
How many different human coronaviruses are there?
Six species of human coronaviruses are known, with one species subdivided into two different strains, making seven strains of human coronaviruses altogether.
How can families in the tristate area safely celebrate holiday season during the COVID-19 pandemic?
See full answer