What are the symbols on an oven?
Oven Symbols Guide
- Fan oven symbol. The standard setting for many electric fan-assisted ovens shows a fan, often inside a circle.
- CircoTherm® symbol.
- Circo-roasting/grill with fan symbol.
- Bottom heat symbol.
- Top and bottom heat symbol.
- Pizza symbol (fan with bottom heat)
- Bread baking symbol.
- Slow cooking symbol.
What are the modes in oven?
Oven Settings Explained
- Conventional oven cooking.
- Fan-forced grill.
- Oven grill.
- Turbo grill.
How do you use the grill setting on an oven?
Using a grill pan in the oven
- Place your oven rack on the lowest setting, at the bottom of the oven.
- Preheat the grill pan before you put any food on it so you get a nice searing on the meat’s surface.
- Cook your food as you would do on an outdoor barbecue, making sure to turn halfway through.
What is the best oven setting for baking?
Top/Bottom heating is the most effective setting to use when you are baking or roasting on a single level. The heat is emitted evenly from above and below, making it ideal for baking cakes. Try our Lamb Rogan Josh using top and bottom heating.
What oven setting is best for roasting?
In general, use low (250°) to moderate (375°) heat for large roasts so they’ll cook evenly and slowly (high heat would burn the outside of the roast before it’s done on the inside).
What do the symbols on a Siemens oven mean?
Using them correctly will ensure your Siemens appliance is being used to its full potential, providing the best cooking results. The Siemens oven symbol guide will explain the latest range of functions on your oven, from cooking to cleaning, giving you full control of your kitchen.
What does the Snowflake symbol on an oven mean?
Not all ovens have a defrost function, but if yours does, you’ll see it on the symbol that looks like a snowflake above a drop of water. In this mode, the oven fan is switched on but no heat is generated. The air circulation defrosts the food.
What does a fan in a circle mean in an oven?
A fan in a circle represents an oven that uses a fan to distribute heat generated from a circular element that surrounds the fan. Ideally, the heat distribution should be even, so that it doesn’t matter where the food is placed in the oven, it cooks perfectly every time.
What are the functions of a fan oven?
Fan ovens are designed to heat up faster, reduce cooking time and decrease energy consumption. Fan ovens are great for baking multiple trays at a time (biscuits, cupcakes and muffins on the top, middle and lower shelves respectively).