What are the two ways to modify styles in Open Office Writer?
OOo offers four mechanisms to modify both both predefined and custom (user-created) styles:
- Update a style from a selection.
- Load or copy styles from another document or template.
- Change a style using the Style dialog box.
- Use AutoUpdate (paragraph and frame styles only).
Which of the following method is used to create a style in Open Office Writer?
In addition to using the predefined styles provided by OOo, you can add new custom (user-defined) styles. In Chapter 6, two methods were given for creating a new style: the drag-and-drop approach and the New Style from Selection icon in the Styles and Formatting window.
How do you demote and promote list in Word 2016?
First of all, click “View” then choose “Outline”. In “Outline” view, you press “Ctrl+ A” to select the entire document. Next click the single right arrow in “Outline Tools” demote the level of all headings in the document. Or click the single left arrow to promote heading level.
What is a list style in Word?
A list style is a style that contains various levels of formatting. When you apply a list style the formatting that is applied depends on its level. The level of a paragraph is determined by the value of the left indent. The default bullet and numbering buttons apply a list style. bullets – list name is “Style Bulleted …
Which of the following is not a button of Styles and Formatting window of Open Office Writer?
Explanation: because it is not a button of styles and formatting window of OO Writer.
What are the advantages of using styles in open office?
When you apply a style, you apply a whole group of formats at the same time. For example, a style defines the font, type size, indents and spacing, tab stops, and other characteristics of text; and the area fill and line style of a frame or other object. Using styles gives you more control over the entire presentation.
How do you promote something in Word?
Promoting a topic in Word 2007
- With your document open, display the Outlining tab. On the View menu, click the Outline button.
- Select the topic you want to promote. Put the insertion pointer in the topic’s text.
- Promote the topic. Click the Promote button or press Alt+Shift+Left arrow. Your topic is promoted.