What are two causes of mental illness?
What causes mental disorders?
- Your genes and family history.
- Your life experiences, such as stress or a history of abuse, especially if they happen in childhood.
- Biological factors such as chemical imbalances in the brain.
- A traumatic brain injury.
- A mother’s exposure to viruses or toxic chemicals while pregnant.
What does Turner’s syndrome look like?
Signs of Turner syndrome at birth or during infancy may include: Wide or weblike neck. Low-set ears. Broad chest with widely spaced nipples.
What are the problems faced by senior citizens in India?
What are the problems faced by senior citizens in India – Anvayaa
- Physical Infrastructure. Lack of physical infrastructure forms the major deterrent to providing comfort to the aged.
- Knowledge of Specific Diseases.
- Lack of Financial Support.
- Lack of Emergency Response Infrastructure.
- Rapid Socio-Economic Change.
- Lack of Companionship.
What are two disorders that only affect females?
Other disorders and conditions that affect only women include Turner syndrome, Rett syndrome, and ovarian and cervical cancers. Issues related to women’s overall health and wellness include violence against women, women with disabilities and their unique challenges, osteoporosis and bone health, and menopause.
Which disorder is more common among females?
WASHINGTON—When it comes to mental illness, the sexes are different: Women are more likely to be diagnosed with anxiety or depression, while men tend toward substance abuse or antisocial disorders, according to a new study published by the American Psychological Association.
What are the common diseases of old age?
Common Diseases In Old Age:
- Arthritis: Probably the most common condition encountered as we get older is arthritis.
- Lung Disease: Those who have smoked for many years begin to develop lung problems as they get older.
- Heart Disease:
- Memory Loss and Alzheimer’s Disease:
- Parkinson’s Disease: