Where can you find the AutoFit behavior section?
In “Table Tools” click the [Layout] tab > locate the “Cell Size” group and choose from of the following options:
- To fit the columns to the text (or page margins if cells are empty), click [AutoFit] > select “AutoFit Contents.”
- To fit the table to the text, click [AutoFit] > select “AutoFit Window.”
Can you do text to rows in Excel?
Excel does not have the Text to Row tool like Text to Column. We will use the Transpose tool to convert our Text to Rows.
What are the options available in AutoFit?
AutoFit is a feature in Microsoft Excel that automatically adjusts the width or height of a cell. Below are the steps on how to AutoFit cells in the different versions of Microsoft Excel. You can double-click the line in-between a cell in all versions of Excel to AutoFit cells without having to go through a menu.
How do I turn a table into text?
Converting a Table into Text
- Select the entire table you want to convert to text.
- Make sure the Layout tab of the ribbon is displayed.
- In the Data group, click the Convert to Text tool. Word displays the Convert Table to Text dialog box.
- Select the appropriate character that Word should use to separate the columns of text.
- Click on OK.
When converting text to a table which feature should be used?
Note: If you have commas in your text, use tabs for your separator characters. Use paragraph marks to indicate where you want to begin a new table row. Select the text that you want to convert, and then click Insert > Table > Convert Text to Table. The Convert Text to Table option is highlighted on the Insert tab.
How do I get rid of copy and paste?
Follow these steps:
- Display the Word Options dialog box. (In Word 2007 click the Office button and then click Word Options.
- Click Advanced at the left side of the dialog box.
- Scroll through the available options until you get to the Cut, Copy, and Paste section.
- Clear the Show Paste Options Buttons check box.
- Click OK.
Why when I copy and paste there is a GREY background?
Try selecting the text and pressing the ‘Clear Formatting’ button (or press Ctrl + \), this should get rid of any grey background formatting. Alternatively, create a copy of your sheet and then share the copy in order for us to view what you are referring to.
How do you resize a table using AutoFit contents?
Resize a column or table automatically with AutoFit
- Select your table.
- On the Layout tab, in the Cell Size group, click AutoFit.
- Do one of the following. To adjust column width automatically, click AutoFit Contents. To adjust table width automatically, click AutoFit Window.
How do I get rid of GREY shading in a table in Word?
Remove shading from a table
- Select the cells you want to change. To select an entire table, click in the table, and then click the Table Move Handle in the upper-left corner.
- On the Table Tools Design tab (the Table Tools Layout tab in OneNote), click the Shading menu.
- Click No Color.
How do I convert table to text in Word 2013?
This feature works the same in all modern versions of Microsoft Word: 2010, 2013, and 2016.
- Select the table.
- From the Table Tools Layout tab in the Data group, select Convert to Text .
- In the Convert Table to Text dialog box, set how you want to separate the text and click OK .
- The table is converted to text.
How do I delete a text without deleting the table?
If a single cell is highlighted the backspace or delete key will clear the cell but not delete it. If an entire row, column or table is selected then the backspace or delete key will delete that row, column or table.