Who are the Aztec goddess?
Here are 8 of the most important Aztec gods and goddesses.
- Huitzilopochtli – ‘The Hummingbird of the South’
- Tezcatlipoca – ‘The Smoking Mirror’
- Quetzalcoatl – ‘The Feathered Serpent’
- Coatlicue – ‘The Serpent Skirt’
- Tonatiuh – ‘The Turquoise Lord’
- Tlaloc – ‘He Who Makes Things Sprout’
What are some female Aztec names?
Aztec Names For Girls
- Anacaona: (Aztec origin) Meaning ‘golden flower’.
- Amoztli: (Aztec origin) Meaning ‘book’.
- Apozanolotl: (Aztec origin) The name of the Aztec goddess of purity.
- Atlacoya: (Aztec origin) The name of the Aztec goddess of drought.
- Atlatonin: (Aztec origin) One of the names of the Aztec mother goddess.
What is a good Aztec name?
Aztec Baby Names
What are the names of the Aztec goddesses?
Cool and Powerful Aztec Names With Meaning Names Meanings Acuecucyoticihuati Name of the Aztec goddess of the ocean Ahuic Name of the Aztec goddess of the running Amoxtli Book Anacaona Golden flower
What was the name of the Aztec god of butterflies?
This goddess is the most charming of the Aztec pantheon and her retinue consists of butterflies and birds. Every eight years a feast was held in her honor where the celebrants wore animal and flowers masks. She is the twin sister of the flower prince Xochipilli and sometimes mentioned as the wife of the rain god Tlaloc.
Who was the Aztec goddess of running water?
(Acuecueyotl) The Aztec goddess of the ocean, running water, and rivers, closely associated with Chalchiuhtlicue of whom she is another appearance. She is invoked by Aztec women in labor. Ahuic She is the goddess of the running water in rivers, streams, and waves on the beach; and is a manifestation of Chalchiuhtlicue.
How did the Aztecs kill the Chicomecoatl goddess?
Each September a young girl representing Chicomecoatl was decapitated, and her blood collected and poured over an idol of the goddess. The corpse was then flayed, and the skin worn by a priest.